The Chicago Red Stars are on the road against North Carolina tonight (8:00 p.m. CT; ESPN3) in the NWSL Playoffs. Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Central defender Katie Naughton leads the team in minutes for field players in 2018. Naughton, just in her third full professional season, has logged 2,059 minutes for the Red Stars this season.
- Julie Ertz returns to the Starting XI and will captain the side and start in the backline. This marks the 82nd start for Ertz for the Chicago side.
- Sam Kerr enters the match for her 20thstraight start for Chicago. The Golden Boot winner for the league in 2017 and 2018 is competing in her first NWSL Playoffs after being acquired by Chicago in the offseason. This game marks the 98thappearance for Kerr in the NWSL.
- Danielle Colaprico and Arin Gilliland are the only two Red Stars players to appear in every game for Chicago in 2018. Colaprico has now appeared in 91 matches for the Red Stars, while Gilliland is earning her 89thappearance, both were drafted in 2015 by Chicago.
- MidfielderVanessa DiBernardo returns to the Starting XI for Chicago. The co-captain is making her 98thappearance for Chicago.
- Emily Boyd will be available off the bench for Chicago as the backup keeper, with Brooke Elby, Sarah Gorden, Nikki Stanton, Michele Vasconcelos,Rosie White and Summer Green for field playing substitutes.
- The Red Stars are 9-5-10 on the season, with 38 goals scored and 28 goals conceded.
- This year on the road, Chicago have gone 4-6-2 and have managed to allow just three goals in the first half of road games.
- All time, the Red Stars are 3-2-2 against the Courage.
- With 38 goals scored this season, Chicago has scored 21 with the right foot, 11 with the head and five with their left foot.