CHICAGO – The Chicago Red Stars and NBC Sports Chicago finalized a broadcast partnership providing local coverage of every home Red Stars game, along with all remaining away games during the 2019 National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) season.
NBC Sports Chicago’s first Red Stars telecast of the 2019 season will be the team’s Home Opener this Saturday, April 20 live at 2:30 PM CT against Portland Thorns FC (airing on NBC Sports Chicago+). In addition, authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers can also view a live stream of this game and every Red Stars telecast at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive.
“We are very pleased to join the NBC Sports Chicago programming line-up this season and that pro women’s sports will be on television and easy to find.” Red Stars Owner Arnim Whisler said. “Our fans will now have full coverage of the Chicago Red Stars games in this great World Cup year. This is an exciting development in the right direction for our club.”
Available in millions of homes on cable, satellite, and live streaming services throughout Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa, NBC Sports Chicago is also the home network for the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), and Chicago White Sox (MLB). The addition of the Red Stars marks the first women’s professional team to receive full-time coverage on NBC Sports Chicago.
“We look forward to showcasing the world class talent and excitement of the Red Stars to Chicago’s passionate soccer fan base all season long,” added Greg Bowman, Vice President of Programming/Live Event Production, NBC Sports Chicago.
The deal between the Red Stars and NBC Sports Chicago comes during a monumental year for women’s soccer as the FIFA Women’s World Cup begins in June. Four members of the Red Stars are looking to represent their respective countries at the World Cup, including Tierna Davidson, Julie Ertz, and Casey Short for the U.S. Women’s National Team and back-to-back NWSL Golden Boot winner, Sam Kerr, who will represent Australia.
In addition to the 23 regular season broadcasted games, NBC Sports Chicago will also be the presenting partner of “Chalk Talk,” an exclusive interview with a player or coach each week that will be pushed on the team’s social media platforms. “Chalk Talk” will provide behind-the-scenes access to practices, along with insight on the upcoming game for that week.
All of the U.S. Women’s National Team players and a handful of international talents competing in the World Cup this summer will play in the NWSL, taking on the Red Stars at SeatGeek Stadium throughout the 2019 season.
The Chicago Red Stars opened the season on the road, earning a 1-1 draw against defending NWSL Champions North Carolina Courage. The match this Saturday marks the home opener for the Red Stars and will be a doubleheader with the Chicago Fire. Tickets are available here.
CHICAGO RED STARS
1. Sat, April 20 2:30 pm vs Portland Thorns FC NBCSCH+
2. Sat, April 27 7:00 pm vs Reign FC
3. Fri, May 3 8:30 pm @ Utah Royals FC NBCSCH+
4. Sun, May 12 5:00 pm vs North Carolina Courage
5. Sun, May 19 5:00 pm @ Houston Dash
6. Sun, May 26 5:00 pm vs Washington Spirit
7. Sun, June 2 5:00 pm @ Portland Thorns FC
8. Sun, June 23 5:00 pm vs Reign FC
9. Sun, June 30 4:00 pm @ Orlando Pride
10. Sat, July 6 7:00 pm vs Sky Blue FC
11. Sat, July 13 7:30 pm @ Houston Dash
12. Sun, July 21 5:00 pm vs North Carolina Courage
13. Sun, July 28 3:00 pm @ Reign FC (Next day delay; to air Mon, July 29 at 7:00 pm)
14. Sat, Aug 3 7:00 pm vs Utah Royals FC
15. Sat, Aug 10 6:00 pm @ Washington Spirit NBCSCH+
16. Wed, Aug 14 6:00 pm @ Sky Blue FC NBCSCH+
17. Wed, Aug 21 6:30 pm vs Orlando Pride NBCSCH+
18. Sun, Aug 25 2:00 pm @ Portland Thorns FC NBCSCH+
19. Sun, Sept 8 5:00 pm vs Houston Dash
20. Wed, Sept 11 6:30 pm @ Orlando Pride NBCSCH+
21. Sun, Sept 15 4:00 pm @ Sky Blue FC
22. Sat, Sept 21 7:00 pm vs Washington Spirit
23. Sat, Sept 28 7:00 pm vs Utah Royals FC
23 games – 12 HOME, 11 ROAD
All times Central Time