CHICAGO — The Chicago Red Stars return to action against Reign FC on Sunday, June 23 at SeatGeek Stadium, with kickoff scheduled for 5 PM C.T. Here’s the Starting XI, presented by Magellan.
- Emily Boyd starts in goal. This will be her sixth start of the season and has 10 saves on the year.
- Arin Wright starts on defense. She has played in eight games this season and this match marks her 93rd NWSL cap.
- Sarah Gorden makes her eighth start of the season. She has played in all but one game this season and has managed a staggering 88% successful tackle rate.
- Katie Naughton starts on defense and leads the team with 696 minutes played this season.
- Casey Short is earning her seventh start of the season and her 59th overall appearance for the Red Stars.
- Midfielder Danielle Colaprico makes her 95th appearance for the Red Stars and the 8th start of the season.
- Nikki Stanton will start in her fifth game in 2019 while appearing in six matches for Chicago this year.
- Midfielder Vanessa DiBernardo will captain the club this game and will be making her sixth start of the year in her 103rd overall appearance for the Red Stars.
- Yuki Nagasato starts her team-leading ninth game of the season. She leads the team with three assists and is second on the team with three goals.
- Katie Johnson makes her 49th NWSL appearance in her sixth start of the season
- Savannah McCaskill will make her debut for Chicago, she has made three starts this season with Sky Blue prior to Wednesday’s transaction
Megan Hinz is the backup goalkeeper. Michele Vasconcelos, Maria Sanchez, Brooke Elby, Kayla Sharples, Hannah Davison, and Zoey Goralski are part of the 18 that are available for head coach Rory Dames to call upon in the match.