CHICAGO – The Red Stars return to SeatGeek Stadium to take on Sky Blue FC tonight at 7 PM. Here is your starting lineup, presented by Magellan:
- Emily Boyd is in for her eighth start of 2019. The goalkeeper has earned 17 saves this season.
- Arin Wright earns her 95th NWSL appearance tonight with the start. Wright has made all her appearances with the Red Stars since being drafted in 2015 by Chicago.
- Sarah Gorden has been a lockdown on defense and has shown her versatility by earning a spot both centrally and out wide on the backline. Gorden is starting in her tenth game this season.
- Katie Naughton is one of two players to now play and start in every game in 2019 for Chicago.
- Casey Short starts in her 60th game of her NWSL career tonight. Throughout her NWSL career, she has tallied five goals and one assist.
- Vanessa DiBernardo will earn the captains armband and lead the team on the field tonight. She’s currently completed 74% of her passes this season.
- Danielle Colaprico will be appearing in her 97th NWSL and Red Stars game tonight. Colaprico is leading the team in passes with 389.
- Nikki Stanton is earning her 70th total appearance in the NWSL with tonight’s start.
- Savannah McCaskill is starting in her second game for Chicago and will be facing her former team for the first time since being traded two weeks ago.
- Yuki Nagasato earns another start for the Red Stars and is one of two players to start every game this season. The Japanese international leads the team in minutes (867).
- Sam Kerr is coming off a hat-trick performance in her last game against Orlando. The forward enters the game leading the league in goals (9).
- Megan Hinz, Michele Vasconcelos, Maria Sanchez, Brooke Elby, Zoey Goralski, Katie Johnson and Kayla Sharples are available for selection off the bench.