The Chicago Red Stars are ready for some game action under the lights and throw in some snow to make it even better. A match against Reign FC kicks off at 12:00 p.m. CT at SeatGeek Stadium. Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Alyssa Naeher leads the team in goal. She has started in every game for the Red Stars this season.
- Casey Short will line up on defense for the Red Stars. She played in her first game of the season last weekend.
- Defender Sarah Gorden earns her second start of the season. The game marks her 17th career start for the Red Stars and is her 28th overall appearance.
- Tierna Davidson will start in her third straight game. The rookie was drafted with the first overall pick in the 2019 NWSL College Draft.
- Julie Ertz captains the squad for the third-straight game. The game marks her 83rd appearance for Chicago.
- Midfielder Danny Colaprico is appearing in her 90th game for Chicago. The 2015 NWSL College Draft pick just past 7,500 total minutes in her professional career.
- Katie Naughton will start in her 57th game for the Red Stars and leading from the central defense position.
- Midfielder Morgan Brian will earn her first start for Chicago in 2019. The game marks her 40th start in the NWSL.
- Forward Katie Johnson played her first minutes for Chicago with a 90-minute performance that saw her perform well with fellow internationals Sam Kerr and Yuki Nagasato.
- Yuki Nagasato is coming off a stellar game against Portland where she notched a brace including the tying goal in the 90th minute.
- Forward Sam Kerr played in her 100th game in the NWSL in last week’s match versus the Portland Thorns. The Australian international has scored 61 goals during her 100 appearances.
- Emily Boyd is available off the bench for goalkeeper, while Alyssa Mautz, Michele Vasconcelos, Vanessa DiBernardo, Maria Sanchez, Brooke Elby and Zoey Goralski are part of the 18.