The Chicago Red Stars are on the road to face off against the current league leaders Houston Dash (5:00 p.m. CT; NBC Sports Chicago). Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Emily Boydearns her third start of the 2019 season in goal for Chicago. The second-year goalkeeper has tallied seven saves in the last two games, earning her first win against North Carolina.
- Defender Casey Shortis appearing in her 56th match for the Red Stars. On top of being a top defender she has also scored one goal this season.
- KatieNaughtonis starting in her 60th game for Chicago since being drafted in 2016. She’s won an impressive 86% of her tackles in 2019.
- Sarah Gordenis lining up in the center this game. The versatile defender has played in all four positions on the backline this season and continues to prove her speed as she’s made nine interceptions in four appearances.
- Arin Wrightis inching closer to the “100 club” as she appears in her 90th NWSL game tonigh. Wright, previously Gilliland, has earned 10 assists in her career.
- Midfielder Nikki Stantonis earning back-to-back starts for Chicago. This will mark Stanton’s fourth appearance for the club in 2019 and just closed in on 3,500 total minutes in her NWSL career.
- Mainstay Danielle Colapricois appearing in her 93rd game for Chicago and will earn her 88th start. Colaprico is the leading passer on the team in 2019 with 190 total passes.
- Captain Vanessa DiBernardois now officially in the “100 Club” with her start tonight. The midfielder has tallied 7,799 minutes, 8 goals and 19 assists since joining the Red Stars in 2014.
- Michele Vasconcelosearns her second start of 2019. In 2019, the midfielder has played 64 minutes while managing to score two goals and assist another.
- Japanese international Yuki Nagasatohas started in all matches for Chicago this season. The forward has been on fire, securing three goals and three assists in the first part of the 2019 season.
- Back-to-back Golden Boot winner Sam Kerris leading the team in minutes this season (450). The Aussie was just named the NWSL Player of the Week for her play last week that saw her score two goals and one assist against North Carolina.
- Alison ‘AJ’ Jahansouzis available as backup in the goalkeeper position, while Maria Sanchez, Brooke Elby, Hannah Davison, Jenna Szczesny, Zoey Goralski and Katie Johnson are available off the bench.