The Chicago Red Stars hosts Sky Blue FC tonight (6:30 p.m. CT; NWSLsoccer.com) in the final home match at Toyota Park for the Red Stars. Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Vanessa DiBernardo captains the side tonight as the central midfielder earns her 97thappearance for Chicago. After a pelvic fracture sidelined her for the beginning of season, DiBernardo has come back and earned six starts and 10 appearances. The midfielder was just named to the NWSL Team of the Month after a strong August.
- Midfielder Nikki Stanton returns to the starting lineup against her former team in Sky Blue FC. Stanton has appeared for Chicago a staggering 1,283 minutes in the midfield through 18 appearances. This start marks the 15thoff the season for Stanton.
- Danielle Colaprico and Arin Gilliland mark the only two players to appear in every match for Chicago. The fourth-year veterans will be playing in their 89thand 87thmatch, respectively. Drafted in 2015 by the Red Stars, both players have remained keys to the Red Stars lineup and the rise of Chicago.
- Sam Kerr earns her 18thconsecutive start for the Red Stars. The forward has played every minute of the games she has been available for. The Australian international is leading the NWSL Golden Boot race with 14 goals. Since the start of last season, Kerr has scored 31 goals. The next closest player has 21 goals in that time frame (including playoffs).
- Yuki Nagasato will play in her 28thgame for Chicago since being acquired by the club midseason in 2017. Nagasato leads the league in assists (7).
- Rookie goalkeeper Emily Boyd will earn her second start of her career. The PAC-12 Goalkeeper of the Year in 2017, Boyd starts in place of Alyssa Naeher who is with the U.S. Women’s National Team playing friendlies in California against Chile.
- Ryann Torrero will be available off the bench for Chicago as the backup keeper. Torrero was called in as a National Team Replacement for Naeher.
- Joanna Boyles, Zoey Goralskiand Chandra Eigenberger have been called in, along with Torerro, as National Team Replacements. The four players are replacing Red Stars that are on international duty.
- Along with the four National Team Replacements, Rosie White, Michele Vasconcelos, Erin Yenney are available off the bench as substitutes.
- The Red Stars are 8-4-10 on the season, with 32 goals scored and 26 goals conceded.
- In 14 all-time meetings, the Red Stars have yet to lose points against Sky Blue (6W-8D).
- This year at home, Chicago have gone 4-4-3 and scored 17 goals while conceding 15.
- With 32 goals scored this season, Chicago has scored 19 with the right foot, eight with the head and four with their left foot.