We love sports. In fact, it’s usually all we think about. But for the foreseeable future sports don’t matter. The health of our citizens is paramount. With that in mind, we’ll be shifting our emphasis from being a leader on the pitch to being a leader in human connection and support. Moving forward, our channels will be dedicated to bringing people together and supporting Chicago and the broader community. To bring this to life:
- We aren’t going to talk about tickets or games until we know more. In the meantime, the NWSL has released this letter to the community from NWSL Commissioner Lisa Baird. We still have plenty of reasons to think NWSL and the Red Stars will play this season, but as you know, there are much bigger things at stake.
- The players, staff, and front office are safe and socially isolating as much as possible. Most of our office is working remotely. Those who are in the office are dipped periodically in hand sanitizer, breathing air from HEPA filters, are sitting far apart, and are only there as necessary (or to see other humans). We’ll continue to apply all best practices moving forward.
- All of our channels and resources are focused on helping Chicago and those most vulnerable. We will use our network and fan base to understand where there are needs. If anyone in our community can help, we’ll connect them. If you or someone you know needs something, please post on social with the hashtag #CRShotline and include a brief description of what you need. We’ll do our best to assist in any way we can.
- We’ll bring you as much fun, light, and engaging content as we can on our channels starting this Monday to keep you in touch with us and one another during this stretch. We have some fun ideas in the works that will give you more to do besides watching Buffy. Please follow #MyKindOfContent for things like:
- Coloring with the Chicago Red Stars (#ColoRS)
- Madlib Monday (#MadlibMonday)
- Daily Dose of Fitness (#DDOF)
- Bedtime Stories with Rory (#StoryWithRory)
- Coaches Corner (#CRSCoachCorner)
- And More!
We are a community. Now more than ever, the love and support that have built up around the Chicago Red Stars, NWSL, and women’s soccer can and should be used to keep us connected and supported. We’re here for you.
Arnim, Rory, the Team and Front Office