The Chicago Red Stars return home to face off against Washington Sprit for the first time this season (5:00 p.m. CT; NBC Sports Chicago). Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Emily Boyd earns her fourth start of the 2019 season in goal for Chicago. The second-year goalkeeper has earned nine saves and allowed three goals.
- Defender Casey Short is earned her 55th start last week versus Houston Dash. The veteran defender has won 82% of her duels.
- Katie Naughton is starting in her 61st game for Chicago since being drafted in 2016. She’s won an impressive 86% of her tackles in 2019.
- The versatile defender, Sarah Gorden, has played in all four positions on the backline this season and continues to prove her speed as she’s made 10 interceptions in four appearances, but more impressively has a 100% success rate on tackles.
- Arin Wright is inching closer to the “100 club” as she appears in her 91st NWSL game tonight. Wright, previously Gilliland, has earned 10 assists in her career.
- Midfielder Nikki Stantonearns her third consecutive start for Chicago this season. This will mark Stanton’s fifth appearance for the club in 2019 and just closed in on 3,500 total minutes in her NWSL career.
- Captain Vanessa DiBernardois now officially in the “100 Club” with her start last weekend against Houston. The midfielder has tallied 7,799 minutes, 8 goals and 20 assists since joining the Red Stars in 2014. The club will honor her post-game.
- Michele Vasconcelos earns her third start of 2019. In 2019, the midfielder has been stellar while managing to score two goals and two assists.
- Brooke Elby earns her first start for the club this season after appearing in four games this season. Elby already notched her first NWSL goal this season in just 21 minutes of play.
- Japanese international Yuki Nagasato has started in all matches for Chicago this season. The forward has been on fire, securing three goals and three assists in the first part of the 2019 season.
- Forward Katie Johnson is returning to the starting lineup up top. She’s successfully completed 75% of her passes this season in helping post-up in the attack.
- Alison ‘AJ’ Jahansouzis available as backup in the goalkeeper position, while Maria Sanchez, Danielle Colaprico, Kayla Sharples, Hannah Davison, Jenna Szcesny and Zoey Goralski are available off the bench. Colaprico was listed as questionable on the injury report with a left knee injury.