The Chicago Red Stars are on the road against Utah Royals FC (2:30 p.m. CT; NWSLsoccer.com) in the final regular season game of the season. Here is the Starting XI, presented by Magellan:
- Alyssa Naeher returns to the lineup as the starting goalkeeper and captains the side. The veteran will start in her 22nd game this season.
- Rookie Michele Vasconcelos, returning to her hometown of Sandy, Utah, will be making her ninth start this season and 18th appearance.
- Arin Gilliland marks one of only two players to appear in every match this season. The fourth-year veteran will be playing in her 88th match for Chicago.
- Current Golden Boot Leader Sam Kerr earns her 18th consecutive for the Red Stars.
- Defender Brooke Elby returns to Utah for the first time since being acquired by Chicago from the Royals.
- Katie Naughton continues to lead the team in overall minutes for field players this season. The central defender is nearing 2000 minutes, currently sitting at 1,969 total minutes played.
- Sarah Gorden earns her second consecutive start for Chicago. The defender filled in for Ertz on Tuesday as a center back and lines up again in the same position. The Chicago native has appeared in 16 games this season, an individual high for her.
- Midfielder Alyssa Mautz lines up on the wing to earn her 19th start of the season. On Tuesday, Mautz scored the first two goals in the Red Stars win that allowed the club to earn their fourth straight playoff berth.
- Rosie White earns her fourth start and 11th appearance for Chicago. The New Zealand international fills into the central midfield after scoring her first goal of the season on Tuesday.
- Emily Boyd is available as backup in the goalkeeper position, while Julie Ertz, Morgan Brian, Danielle Colaprico, Erin Yenney and Summer Green are available of the bench.
- The Red Stars are 9-4-10 on the season, with 37 goals for and 26 goals against.
- This year on the road, Chicago have gone 4-6-1 and scored 15 and conceded 11.
- With Utah in their inaugural season, the Red Stars are 2-0-0 against the Royals.
- With 37 goals scored this season, Chicago has scored 10 with their head, 5 with their left foot and 21 with their right, along with one own goal.